High Quality Handcrafted Toy Boxes have a place in any home Our Toy Boxes and Blanket Chests have been built with safety, quality and design in mind. They feature:
- Handcrafted High Quality Workmanship
- Durable Wood Construction
- Made from 100% wood. No MDF or particle board
- Free Personalization
- Available in Your Choice of Stain Finishes
- Recommended for ages 1 and up
- Flip-top Lid Supports and Safety Hinges
- Cutouts keep fingers from getting pinched by lid
- Air Holes for Safety, Ventilation and Carrying
- Rounded safety corners and Lips
- Environmental Safe
- Chest Doubles as a Bench
- Cedar Insert Available
- Made in the USA
- Free Shipping
Heirloom Quality Chest Uses There are many uses for our Toy Boxes. You can order them without personalization or with a simple monogram for a blanket chest that offers not only storage but handy place to sit while you put your shoes. One customer added a chest in their entry way. She stored gloves, beanies and scarfs in the box. Here her guests could sit while they took off their winter boots. She even added some warm footies for those guests who didn't want to walk around in their bare or sock feet. Here are some ways to use your heirloom chest:
- Toy Storage. We all know that mom's mood improves when the house is organized. A Toy box is a perfect way de-clutter and to teach young ones how to pick up after themselves.
- Hope Chest. Order a chest with a cedar limning and start a hope chest for your daughter. As she thinks about her adult life she will be adding a variety of items to her chest. What a great way to give your daughter a piece of furniture she can use in her teenage bedroom now and in her new home in the future. She can use it to store blankets and linens and even for seating until they can afford more furniture. And then she may want to move it the nursery when the time comes. I am still using the hope chest my mom gave me at the foot of my bed and I have grown children.
- Entry Way Storage. Put a chest in your entry way so family and guests can sit as they take off their shoes. I know as I get older and visit homes where I need to remove my shoes it is becoming more and more difficult to balance particularly with boots.
- Blanket and Linen Storage. Just add a cedar insert and your set for blanket, linen and even fine fabric storage. Add a chest to your guest room to provide extra seating for your guest and keep extra linens for them to use in the chest.
Toybox and Toychest Safety Be sure your any toy box you purchase provides the proper safety features. At Arttowngifts.com we only sell handcrafted custom toy boxes that offer the highest level of safety protection for your children and family members. Here is what you must look for while shopping for your toy chest:
- Lid Supports. These are the hinges that make certain that the chest lid stops and stays in the current position when they let it go. So the proper lid support and hinge mechanism is necessary to keep the chest lid open no matter what position the lid is in. Younger children and even adults will find that toy box lids can be heavy. It is not safe for a child holding the lid while looking through the chest for the desired toy with their other hand. If the lid is not properly supported the child could suffer a head injury or get trapped in the box.
- Air Holes. Make sure that there are air holes in any chest you purchase to provide proper for ventilation not only for the contents but more importantly in case of a mishap. Look for handle holes on the side of the box of a gap between of the bottom of the lid and the top of the box. Where ever they are located they are a must just in case a game of hide of seek gets out of hand.
- Finger Cutouts. The goal behind finger cutouts is to give your child a place to put their hands while looking through the toy box. These are provided in case another child or sibling shuts the lid. By resting their hand outside the lid closing area it will prevent smashed fingers.
- Construction Materials. Wood is normally considered safer and a more durable product than plastic. Plus these days everyone is avoiding plastics because the can contain and expel harmful chemicals. Plus plastics also break down and become brittle over time which can cause cracks or breaks in the toy box which might hurt little fingers.
- Rounded Lip Edges. Since a pointed edge can be dangerous in case of a fall, look for rounded edges